Monday, November 22, 2004

another poem

What’s your name, sweet girl?
Whose hand is a gift that you hold and smile?
Could you stitch up the torn sleeve of
my dream,
Mend my name, infuse me with humanity?
Have I this hope, that you might call me
From the Martian cave where I pine for no one
Or do I sit for another day with my foreign stars and
my collection of plundered spacecraft parts
Throwing stones at the Viking lander...?


P.S. this is approaching love poetry. If anyone wants to see some real Romeo garbage, speak.
Or if you can handle something more abstract, or if you're tired of the literary thing, say so also... SPEAK, EARTH MONKEY! HAVE YOU NO BRAIN WORMS!?! Sorry, that wasn't me, it was Zim.

3 Comments:

At 11/22/2004 07:58:00 PM,

I am never sure how to take pomes from people I know. I really need to hear them recite them to get a real feel for them. I really like the line "Mend my name, infuse me with humanity?" I am not sure what you meant by this but to me it means that you want a girl that makes you a better person. I feel the same way. I so easily fall into carnal desirers and need a girl to mend my mistakes and urge me to be great. 

Posted by JudgeWhetten

 
At 11/22/2004 11:40:00 PM,

Judge... Carnal? Wow, wouldn't have expected it. Who isn't I guess.

Anyway, nice poem Omega Shem Dragonfly. I would like to hear more love poems, since your's don't seem to be all mushy, but what girls really want to hear. We don't want to hear that our skin is like sunshine, but be asked "Whose hand is a gift that you hold and smile?" Wow!
 

Posted by Momma Jolley

 
At 11/23/2004 03:21:00 AM,

I like it. That's all I have to say. 

Posted by Erika

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home