Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Blog because you can

Blogs are an interesting thing. One thing interesting about them is the motivation behind the bloggers. Do they do it to be heard by anyone, to release emotions bottled up inside, to communicate to certain people, or for other selfish or altruistic reasons.

On my blog, I blog to clear my mind. I write because I need to write and it is good to write. I do this for myself. It is also a bit of a journal because I have never kept one. I write what I think about certain issues, social, cultural, and sometimes intellectual. I write when I have something to say or something on my mind. This is quite frequent so time most restricts how often I write.

Now the patrons know why I blog. The only question left is why they blog. This is not just a rhetorical question.

This is kind of and introduction because I have never posted an article on this site, only comments. Now I can write here at anytime, no matter the subject of discussion because I can now make them. so I will write when I can.

5 Comments:

At 1/21/2005 03:41:00 PM,

I think I blog to release stress and tension, and I also play soccer to release stress and tension. I'm a college student, where does all this stress and tension come from? Who cares really... I just figure that this form of releasing stress is more constructive than destructive.

And Stuff,
~Vasu~ 

Posted by Blink Fandango

 
At 1/23/2005 10:41:00 PM,

Well... blogging for me is a place to get my writing out there whether in the form of poems, songs, essays or short stories. Yes, I have songs of the day and sometimes I just put one or two sentences up, but all in all, I enjoy sharing with others. On the other hand, my journal is where I vent and get my deeper thoughts and frustrations out.

Blogging does clear my mind on some subjects, especially when I feel silly going or calling up like five or so friends that I trust, and ask their opinion on something. 

Posted by Japanda

 
At 1/24/2005 10:27:00 PM,

Why do I blog? I don't think I'll ever be able to answer that fully because it's never the same. Sometimes it's because half of me wants to say something to someone but the other half if keeping me from doing so therefore if I know that person will read my blog I can write it there. (That's usually in the form of songs and random ranting that only a few will fully understand, few is too big of a number, one will understand, if that.) Another reason for blogging is because sometimes it's just fun to hear what others will say about my activities or thoughts. I don't think I've ever put up a well thought out blog, I don't spend that much time on them. I could blame it all on peer pressure. teehee.... 

Posted by capt caf

 
At 1/25/2005 08:45:00 AM,

Blog to tell people what is going on in my life, blog to realease pent up stress. blog to have fun. and keep a record.  

Posted by E

 
At 1/27/2005 11:44:00 PM,

Blogging is my way of untangling the thoughts in my head. Like pouring liquid jello into moulds and having it take a form. Along with it comes self-discovery and clarity.

It's kind of like having a conversation with myself. Giving room for me to express myself gives me a window to how I function and think, and I get to know me better.

At the same time, it's wonderful because other people can be in tuned with the person I am as well. Wonderful way to keep people updated.

I also really enjoy reading what the me 3 months ago wrote when my perspective has adjusted a little since. You really learn alot from yourself through keeping a record of your reality. 

Posted by Faye

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home