Friday, December 03, 2004

A spiritual note, from my mission

I Stand All Amazed

With strength to subject worlds
He fell on his face
And prayed that the cup would pass
Shivering in a river of agony
Bowing beneath the weight of pain that blurred the stars
He bled and cried, and the drops fell through eternity
I tremble to know
That at some point he saw my face
That there was once a moment when my loneliness and regret
Flowed through the veins of God
All this, and he stretched out his arms wide high on the cross
And died that I might live
Undying love to give.

2 Comments:

At 12/03/2004 08:44:00 PM,

Shem, we are definently on the same page.
As my New Testament class comes to an end, I have been trying to catch up on all the assignments that I have missed because I was too busy putting what I thought were "priorities" first.
Last Sunday, I did 3 religion assignments in a row, and realised that they should have been my priority. They were about the last few days of the Savior's life.
Eventhough I should have been doing those assignments all along, doing them all at once made the story a little more real to me. Christ died for me, and it was hard for him. He even hoped that God the Father would pass the cup from him. Yet, he knew that he needed to sacrifice for the will of God to be done. Because of his sacrifice, we are saved if we follow his commandments.
I have been trying to keep this in mind during this hard time as finals come creeping out of the shadows, and somehow it makes things seem like they are not so bad.
God loves me, and I am trying my hardest, and know that he will help me with anything I ask him. Even if it is just a test or presentation.
Just remember this, and pray. 

Posted by Momma Jolley

 
At 1/15/2005 11:42:00 PM,

Hi my name is Noell, and I live here in Laie. I am also LDS. At my high school in Kahuku, we have created blogs (for English) and I was wondering how you make the links on the side of your posts and how you do all the picture effects.
Thanks 

Posted by Noell

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home