Monday, December 06, 2004

Profound

My roommate Yale is a great guy with a cool name. Last night we were talking about why I am not dating a certain girl who he thinks is perfect for me. I could not disagree. He was asking why we had not seriously been dating. I said that it was because of blindness.

Opportunities present themselves and we fail to take advantage of them because in our little myopic view of the world it is not what we are looking for, or does not fit our ideal that we built up and reinforced for so long. This leads to more sorrow then anything else I can imagine.

Missed opportunities are worse then failure because you will never know the outcome. Let us all open our eyes to the opportunities that are all around us. Perhaps someone we consider the least likely person is the solution to our relationship problems. Perhaps we should expunge the ideals that we have and create new ideals that will make us much happier and lead us to becoming the kind of people that we should and would love to be.

Or perhaps we will miss this opportunity to change and continue leading our current lives and still hoping for something more

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home