Sunday, November 14, 2004

You asked for it

Allright Nerd-on population. I am Shem, a stranger and a foreigner to the realm of your bloggy wasteland. I have been invited to inject some of my superior insights into the electronic bloodsteam so many of you are hooked to, so prepare to get poemed. I wrote this about the Upstanding Youth/ Mr. Fusion concert incident. Brace yourself.

There was a hard thing within me
Twisted black sweating hollow full of poisonsmoke
And crawled I to the closest row
My grey heart weakly beating
My grey heart clouded and tired
I had paid five dollars for Gilead’s balm.

A man came, and wound a wire around his lightning rod
And plugged a microphone to the wire
And the seed of despair within me was struck by the lightning

Raging harmony came down from the sky came up from the earth I can fly so I fly joy madness o’ertakes me till I’m blind and can’t breathe full of thunder from the hearts of the angels.

In anthems
Bright anthems
Sacrosanct irreverence
Turns me around and over and over
I am immune to nothing, the universe flows through me
Nations rise to join me
We sink but we rise, over and over
Keeping time is a saint spinning a drumstick around his finger
And the air around me is fire
Penetrating, reverberating, influence of Dionysus if he were not fallen.
Come minstrels, your birdsong is welcome, and I
I will lead the dance.

And full, filled, at last all is quiet
I overflow in the immensity of everything that is pure
The wind blows the night between my fingers
I find God in the darkness, and so I find the light.


That's the poem. If my literary nerdiness is incompatible with the gigadweeb strain, make it known and I will turn my back forever on this dusty crossroads of the information superhighway, never to return. Peace
OMEGA SHEM DRAGONFLY
Poet, Roachslayer and Toastburner First Class

11 Comments:

At 11/14/2004 10:56:00 PM,

*looks up "sacrosanct" and "Dionysus" in Dictionary.com*

Hey, as long as you bring in your big impressive words, I mean, uh... lexicon (thank you thesaurus.com!)... you fit right in our geekdom!

Your (*calls up Jared to ask him what big word Lisa Simpson used when she complained about losing her intelligence*) perspicacity is welcome here.  

Posted by Faye

 
At 11/14/2004 10:56:00 PM,

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/14/2004 11:00:00 PM,

Congrats Shem! You are officially a blogger geek. Time to celebrate! Shem has given in to the peer pressure, and he wont admit it, but he liked it a little. Nice poem. Why can't I write stuff like that? 

Posted by Momma Jolley

 
At 11/15/2004 11:44:00 AM,

Shem's a blogger...what a dork... 

Posted by Jared

 
At 11/15/2004 05:33:00 PM,

Hey none of that bodine we are all welcome here, including you. 

Posted by erika

 
At 11/16/2004 05:18:00 AM,

Ooh...finally! I've found someone besides me who likes to write poems too! 

Posted by Han

 
At 11/16/2004 02:28:00 PM,

Hey, wait a minute, Han, I write poetry too! So does Erika and a whole bunch of other people. We just don't rhyme them like you do, and we write about different things (Well, duh, we are a little older) Mine don't have the finess Shem's or Erika's do.

Shem writes nice poetry (is poetry 2 or 3 syllables anyway? Say it real fast and it's 2)
I am so very jealous
So I wrote Haiku.  

Posted by Faye

 
At 11/16/2004 06:30:00 PM,

I rhyme in mine, but I don't share them. 

Posted by Jared

 
At 11/16/2004 06:41:00 PM,

Amen, I once turned in one of my poems as a quick homework assignment for English. It got turned into a contest a won a publication. I hate it, that poem sucked. I consider my self a writer, and the only thing that is published is a poem that I don't even like.  

Posted by JudgeWhetten

 
At 11/16/2004 08:05:00 PM,

I don't like rhyming poems. I think it's restricting and predictable. People don't even rhyme their songa anymore.

Judge, publishing it on here would count...  

Posted by Faye

 
At 11/17/2004 02:04:00 AM,

I rhyme my poems that's for sure. I usually do poems that are telling a story or something like that. I make them rhyme to make them sound fun. My first big attempt at rhyming poems was when I wrote one about a guy and a girl on Valentines day for my comic strip. I also rhymed the Three Little Pigs story for an English oral presentation at school,man I even did a bit of voice acting for it!  

Posted by Han

 

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home